Do you hide vegetables? I do! Especially in our smoothies! Vegetables are great for our health so why not add them into whatever you can. My kids do know I am putting at least carrots and spinach in the smoothie. Far as I know it doesn’t affect the taste (for these veggies….kale is another story) so I say pack all the veggies in your kids smoothie as you can!
My youngest is not a fan of eating vegetables so this is a great way to know he is getting the nutrition he needs.
- Put together smoothie packs and freeze them! Just add to blender and enjoy!
- Freeze yogurt in ice cube trays and add those to freezer pack (you will need to add water or milk to blender).
- Kale…know it’s good for me but the texture I don’t care for. So, blend kale with some water add to ice cube trays to freeze. Add 1 or 2 cubes to your smoothie pack.
- Buy fruit on SALE and freeze it! We have all seen blueberries and strawberries for .99¢! Stock up on those!
- Add chia seeds to smoothies once made up! Excellent source of Omega-3!
- Add avocado to smoothies! Yum! Plus, they contain nearly 20 vitamins and minerals!
- Put your smoothies in the Tupperware Impressions Tumblers with straw seals! Kids won’t notice if smoothie ends up green. You can find the Impression Tumblers here.
Hidden Veggie Smoothie
4 Strawberries Hulled
1/2 Cup Raspberries
1/2 Cup Blueberries
1 or 2 Mandarin Oranges
1 Kale (ice cube)
5 baby carrots
1/2 Cup Greek Vanilla Yogurt
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Ice (unless using frozen fruit)
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds Optional
- Add the strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, banana, oranges, kale, carrots, yogurt and milk together. Blend.
- Add in the chia seeds. Blend.
- Add in the ice and blend until thoroughly mixed. If using frozen fruits and vegetables no needs for this step.
Add more or less milk to alter the consistency if you like a thinner or thicker smoothie.