Delicious smoked pork chops are so easy to do on your smoker. This easy recipe is great for a beginner smoked meat. Pork is great for quick and easy meals. But people tend to shy away since you can easily overcook it.
Pork is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 145°. Easy enough?
An instant read thermometer is great for cooking any meat. This way you are not cutting into the meat and loosing any of the juices. So resist the urge to split it open, go out an purchase a Bluetooth Meat Thermometer.
After you smoke these pork chops let them rest for about 5 minutes. This gives time for juices redistribute and you are left with pork chops that are full of flavor.
How to make Traeger Pork Chops
- Heat smoker to 250°
- Rub yellow mustard on the bone-in pork chops
- Sprinkle the rub (see below) on the pork chops
- Place bone-in pork chops on the smoker
- Smoke until internal temperature of 145°
- Remove pork chops and let rest 5-10 minutes. Serve.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon season salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Wildtree Spicy Carne Asada Seasoning
Case you don’t finish them here is an easy way to reheat them without drying them out.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Add couple tablespoons of water to an oven-safe dish.
- Add the pork chops
- Heat for about 15 minutes until chops are warm.