Bisquick egg bake was a hit for our “brinner”. What’s brinner? Breakfast for dinner. It’s a guaranteed meal that I don’t have to tell my kids 3 more bites of something. Love meals like that! We all know as parents the struggles it can be to get kids to try to new things. For this egg bake my youngest had it eaten before he even started on his pancakes. Want to know the best thing about this egg bake? There are vegetables in it! He ate vegetables without complaining! Mom win! Tip: I used sweet peppers instead of green peppers. One because I didn’t have green peppers but second the flavor is not as strong of pepper tasting. Great for kids!
This dish is so simple to put together. It does take 40-45 minutes to bake so make sure you do plan for that time. Meal Prepping Tip for busy weeks. Cook up the sausage, onions, peppers ahead of time. Then just add the rest of the ingredients the night of baking.
What I love most about egg bakes:
- Makes for great leftovers.
- Anything with cheese is a hit
- It’s so versatile you can use any kind of meat, add different veggies. Make it to your liking.
- Hashbrowns have added texture to the dish.
- 24 ounce pork sausage
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 cup bisquick
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray
- Cook sausage, onions, and bell pepper over medium heat. Cook until sausage is cooked through and there is no longer any pink. Drain any excess fat.
- Add sausage mixture, hash browns and 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese to the baking dish. Stir until ingredients are combined.
- In mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Whisk in Bisquick.
- Pour over sausage mixture.
- Cover and bake 35 minutes. Uncover and cook another 10-15 minutes until it is set in the center and a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Take out from oven and sprinkle remaining cheese. Cover until cheese is melted. Cool 10 mintues before cutting. Serve.
Prepare egg bake as directed. Let it cool down from baking temperatures. About 2 hours on counter and then in the fridge. Label it and then put into the freezer. Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Reheating oven to preserve dish’s texture.