Butter cookies are simple to make and only have 6 ingredients in them! Added bonus no chilling required. Simply mix and bake! Be prepared to be asked to make more of these once they are gone.
1 cup of butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups + 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 tsp of shortening
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- In standing mixer combine sugar and butter. Mix until creamy and we’ll combined.
- Using the All-In-One Mate separate one egg. Add egg yolk, vanilla and salt. Beat well. Scrapping the bowl to ensure ingredients are well incorporated.
- With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour until combined. Again scraping sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Pipe into circles onto an ungreased cooking sheet. (Do not pope cookies onto a hot/warm cookie sheet.)
- Bake at 375° F for 10-12 minutes or until edges of cookies are golden.
- Transfer to cooling rack, once cookies have cooled dip onto chocolate.
- Combine chocolate chips and shortening into micro pitcher. Heat chocolate in 20 second intervals, stirring well in between.
- Dip cookies into chocolate and transfer back to cooling racks.
- Allow chocolate to harden before storing in snak-stor container.
Butter cookies will keep for up to 2 weeks in a Snak-Stor Container.